Effective July 1, 2016, the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks has introduced new forms for the Water and Wastewater Operator Certification Program.
2130E Exam Registration
2132E Operator-in-Training Certificate and Licence Issuance
2135E Drinking Water Certificate and Wastewater Licence Renewal Application
2136E Drinking Water Certificate and Wastewater Licence Application
2131E Change of Address Notification
2133E Water Wastewater Operator Certification System User Access Request
2134E Municipal Residential Drinking Water Subsystem and Wastewater Facility Classification
2160E Director Approved Continuing Education Reassessment and Instructor Assessment Application
Smart Form Features
The new Operator Certification Program forms have been designed to be completed by applicants electronically through an interactive and intuitive fillable PDF. This format allows you to take advantage of the embedded smart form features included throughout the forms.
What do we mean by Smart Form Features?
The smart form features allow for the new forms to be individually customized based on how you complete the form. The forms change based on the service selected, selections you make and the answers you provided to the questions asked. This means you will only be presented with, and required to complete, the parts of the form that apply to your specific request.
The following sections will provide information on smart form features available throughout the new Operator Certification Program forms.
How to Complete the Forms
Each of the seven new application forms allow you to apply for a different type of service (e.g. register for an exam, apply for a certificate/licence, renew a certificate/ licence, etc.). The content for application forms that include multiple service options for each service type will change based on the specific service selected.
For example, when applying for a drinking water certificate renewal:
- Select the Drinking Water Certificate and Wastewater Licence Renewal Application form.
- Select the type of certificate/licence you are applying to renew.
- Complete the form as provided.
Show and Hide
- The forms have been designed to show or hide sections or ask additional questions based on the information you enter
- This feature means that you will only be presented with sections and questions related to your specific application
- Indicated by a red asterisk
- Must be completed before the application can be printed and submitted
- Incomplete applications will not be processed and will result in processing delays
- The mandatory nature of a field may change based on information you provide or the selections you make
Automatically Populated Fields
- Certain fields are automatically populated with information based on the selection you make when completing a form. Examples include:
Total Payment Due
Experience Date Ranges
Instructions have been embedded in the forms to provide you with the information you need when you need it. In addition to standard instructions, two new types of instructions have also been added: help buttons and pop-up instructions.
- Fundamental and important instructions everyone should read
- Are always visible on forms
- Click on the button to open an information window
- Provide explanations of how to complete a section of a form or other guidance related to the part of the form you are completing
- Appear when you move your mouse cursor over certain terms or fields
- Used to define a term or explain a field
Warnings have been added to let you know when a required field has been missed, if the application form is incomplete, or if the information you provided indicates that you don’t yet meet the requirements for your request. I you receive a warning when completing a form, read the warning and follow any instructions provided.
- Appear to notify you when requirements have not been met
- Provide you with information on how to meet any outstanding requirements
Mandatory Field Prompts
- When attempting to print, the form will prompt you to complete any missed mandatory fields
- You will be brought to the incomplete field so that it can be completed
This form has not been completed
- This warning appears when you attempt to print or save a form where all mandatory fields have not been completed.
- The warning disappears once all mandatory fields have been completed.
Tips for Completing the New Forms
- Complete each section of the form in the order presented, from left to right and from top to bottom.
- Read and follow the instructions provided.
- Use the button provided to save a copy of a partially completed form if you require additional information. You can always go back and finish the form later.
- The fillable field in each form can be highlighted by clicking on the ‘Highlight Existing Fields’ button in Adobe Reader.
- Download and install an up-to-date version of Adobe Reader